- 2017 rate – $1,100 per passenger.
- No sailing experience is required. Kids Cruise program is open to all children, typically between ages 9 and 16.
- Weather permitting, ships sail up to 12 hours daily, anchoring each night in a calm and protected cove or harbor. The schooners sail in what many consider to be the most pristine sailing waters in the country, between Block Island and Nantucket Island.
- All kids are under the constant supervision of our professional staff. Each young passenger is instructed how to actively participate in all the daily functions of their ship. They learn to work alongside the schooner’s crew and captain, learning the basics of sailing, knots, chart work, rowing and more. This is not a cadet program – all instruction is designed to enhance the understanding of these magnificent tall ships so that it is MORE FUN!
- Other activities include group games, swimming, standup paddling, trips ashore to remote islands and coastal villages, hiking, nightly stories with the captain and more.
- All crew are CORI & SORI certified. Crew to Kid ratio 1:5
- All meals are prepared onboard by our cooks, accommodating dietary restrictions and allergy restrictions.
- 1 separate cabins serve as passenger accommodations.
Each trip lasts 5.5 days: boarding Sunday evening from The Black Dog Wharf in Vineyard Haven, MA and returning the following Saturday and disembarking at Noon. The Black Dog Tall Ships office is located about 200 yards from the Vineyard Haven Steamship Authority terminal, making it extremely convenient to drop off and pick up your kids.